Everyone has a story to tell, not everyone has the time and/or ability to tell it. A Ghostwriter is the person who can bring your story to life.
There are plenty of reasons people want to write a book, even though they may not actually be writers.
- Experts can share their knowledge, gain credibility, earn promotions, land speaking engagements, attract clients, and launch their businesses
- Individuals and families can preserve a loved one’s memory, pass family history down to future generations, tell their personal histories, and allow their story to become inspiration to the world
- People with amazing fiction story ideas who don’t have the time or the training to bring the magic to life.
- Businesses with a need for online, social media, and print copy content for blogs, newsletters, email marketing campaigns, case studies, white papers, and websites. For more information about my more serious side, please visit my sister site at the very sensibly named WendyStrain.com.
Where most people have a problem, though, is in the execution.
- Depending on who you talk with, it can take a professional writer 6 months to a year to get a book written. Some take much longer, especially if you aren’t already a writer and have other responsibilities.
- Not everyone is trained in the art of writing to know how to get started, what to do when you get stuck, how to push through the difficult parts, and how to position your information so it communicates with your audience.
- Many people have other talents that are better used elsewhere, usually in their career of choice. Finding the time and the energy needed to write the book only steals time away from other things they want to do.
- Best-selling, high-profile books such as The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey and Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson include acknowledgements to ghostwriters for their assistance.
Outsourcing the writing part of it to a ghostwriter has several benefits:
- You can use your time where it’s most appropriate – your career, your family, your business
- You get your book written based on your ideas, your thoughts, your expertise – with a little finesse thrown in by a professional writer with a strong understanding of the art and craft of writing.
- You receive guidance and assistance throughout the entire process. Rather than trying to bang out a book on your own, you have experienced help teasing out the nuance and detail that turns readers into fans.
- With minimal effort on your part, you can have the book of your imagination in your hands and ready to introduce to the world, whether for business, career advancement, or personal fulfillment.
- Your book doesn’t have to remain trapped in your mind, nagging at you but never actually making it to the page. It can help you build credibility without taking time away from building your business.
Contact me if you’re interested in knowing more about ghostwriting, what it is and how it might help you, or to discuss your project in more detail. You can also join my email list for weekly blog digests of recent content.